GST rate change notifications issued as per the recommendations of the 47th GST council meeting.
Some key changes:
Works contract service to Central/State Govts, Local Authorities for historical monuments, canals, dams, pipelines, plants for water supply, educational institutions, hospitals etc. & sub-contractor work – 18%
Works contract for roads, bridges, railways, metro, effluent treatment plant, crematorium etc – 18%
Works contract relating to earthwork – 12%
Renting of truck/goods carriage where cost of fuel is included – 12%Exemption on following services is being withdrawn.
- Transportation by rail or a vessel of railway equipment and material.
- storage or warehousing of commodities which attract tax (nuts, spices, copra, jaggery, cotton etc.)
- Fumigation in a warehouse of agricultural produce.
- Services by RBI,IRDA,SEBI,FSSAI,
- Renting of residential dwelling to business entities (registered persons).
- Services provided by the cord blood banks by way of preservation of stem cells
Hotel accommodation priced upto Rs. 1000/day shall be taxed at 12%.
Room rent (excluding ICU) exceeding Rs 5000 per day per patient charged by a hospital – 5% without ITC.
LED Lamps, lights and fixture, their metal printed circuits board – 12%.
Wet Grinders and similar machines – 18%.
Controlled Delivery (Customs) Regulations, 2022 notified.
Export Policy of wheat flour (atta) remains ‘Free’, but export shall be subject to recommendation of Inter-Ministerial Committee (IMC) on export of wheat.